Documentation for the postprocessing subsystem of SprutCAM.
Starting from version 15 SprutCAM has two independent postprocessing systems.
- Postprocessors generator. This is an integrated postprocessor development environment, which has its own format, programming language and debugger.
- New open postprocessing system based on the .NET platform, using C # as a programming language and Visual Studio Code as an environment of development and code debugger.
Both systems are actual and can be used by your choice.
Here you will find the documentation only for the second (based on .NET) system. Documentation for the Postprocessors generator is available here.
Why to use the new system vs Postprocessors generator
- Based on widespread, accessible to all, free and opensource top-class systems: .NET, C# and Visual Studio Code. Now all modern programming technologies are available to the postprocessors developers.
- Unlimited power and at the same time incredible simplicity of a C# programming language. Object-oriented style, strong typing and safe, has automatic garbage collection, delicious features like generics, lambda expressions, LINQ, tuples etc.
- Syntax highlighting and autocomplete with IntelliSense.
- First-class debugger with different kind of break points, call stacks, an interactive console, local variables view and the watch list.
- High end code editor. Just visit the official site.
- A huge number of useful extensions for all occasions.
- An unlimited number of all sorts of documentation on the network.
- Postprocessor documentation available directly in the code in the form of comments and pop-up tips.
- The familiar concept of the Postprocessors generator based on registers implemented from scratch on a new level with the modern paradigm of object-oriented programming, taking into account the thirty years of experience in the development of postprocessors. This provides advantages such as.
- Easy writing of post-processors that generate many files at the same time.
- The ability to append to an arbitrary location in the file, and not just to the end.
- Generate output files in any encoding.
- Multiple independent sets of registers can be created.
- Text registers in addition to numeric registers.
- Developer defined settings individual for each postprocessor.
- Integrated library of functions for geometric calculations.
- Opened to use third party libraries widely available through Nuget.